Employment Practices Liability Cover*
Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Insurance is designed to help employers minimise the risk and potential cost of claims taken against them by employees. Covered claims may relate to allegations of discrimination, unfair dismissal and sexual or workplace harassment.
Did you know?
Employment Practices Liability cover is provided on a claims made and notified basis, meaning an insurer will only cover you for claims made against you during the policy period which you notify to them in that period
What’s typically covered?
Claims made against you involving allegations of:
- Unfair dismissal
- Workplace Defamation
- Bullying and harassment
What’s typically NOT covered?
Losses arising from claims against you that are attributable to or in consequence of:
- Paying employee benefits (such redundancy or superannuation,)
- Bodily injury
- Building modifications
- Continuity of employment costs
- Criminal proceedings
- Fraud and dishonesty
- Property damage
- Prior or pending claims – claim arising before the period of insurance
|*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.|
Things to consider
- How many employees does your business have?
- Does the business have the required cash-flow to deal with an employment dispute?