Insurance for Retailers

  • Trusted by over 220,000 small businesses
  • Choose from a range of covers, including Glass
  • Competitive Prices with our Price Promise

Compare quotes from our trusted insurance partners*:

Why do Retailers need insurance?

While you help take your customers’ worries away with a bit of retail therapy, we’ll take your worries away with business insurance. Whether you sell the best gifts in town, the latest fashion, or the most delicious baked goods, with just a few clicks or a single phone call you’ll get multiple competitive quotes from some of Australia’s leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and you’ll be covered instantly, so you can continue getting down to business.

Did you know?

Commercial leases often require tenants to maintain Public Liability insurance and Glass insurance. There may also be a requirement that your landlord is noted as an interested party on the insurance policy.

Insurance for Retailers

Public Liability Insurance*

Public Liability insurance is an important type of insurance cover for retail shop owners. Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.

It’s also important to ensure you have appropriate Product Liability cover to protect your business against personal injury or property damage claims caused by the products you sell.  Many Public Liability policies include Product Liability cover.

Business Insurance*

Your customers are important, but so are your business assets. Without the right cover, you could be hit with a few unwanted challenges that could leave you severely out of pocket.

Business Insurance can provide cover for:

  • Contents and stock* – this type of insurance provides cover for loss of or damage to items such as business equipment, stock, plant and machinery, records and furniture belonging to you at the insured location.
  • Building* – this type of insurance will cover for loss and damage to buildings you own, as a result of an insured event (such as fire, storm, wind).
  • Glass* – a common coverage for retail businesses is glass insurance, which covers for damage to the glass and signage at the insured business location.
  • Money* – protect money belonging to your business from being lost, stolen or damaged whilst on your premises, in transit, or in your personal custody.
  • Business Interruption* – could your business survive being shut due to an insurable event, for a few days, a week, or longer? Business interruption insurance covers for financial loss as a result of an interruption to your business caused by an insured event (such as fire). 

Cyber Liability*

Small retail businesses are an easy target for cyber criminals. Cyber Liability insurance helps to protect you from claims and supports your profitability in the event of a cyber breach or attack.

Customer Reviews

Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience

*The information provided is general only and should not be relied upon as advice. No guarantees are provided as to pricing for individual risks.
*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.

Prefer to talk?

Call us and talk to a real person.
Friendly, helpful service from a business insurance professional.

1300 249 268

Mon-Fri 8.30am-7.00pm
Sat 9.00am-5.00pm

Popular Searches