Why do Retailers need it?
While you help take your customers worries away with a bit of retail therapy, we’ll take your worries away with shop insurance. Whether you sell the best gifts in town, the latest fashion, or the most delicious baked goods, with just a few clicks or a single phone call you’ll get multiple competitive quotes from leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and you’ll be covered instantly, so you can continue getting down to business.
Did you Know?
Many landlords require the tenant to have both Public Liability insurance and Glass insurance before signing a lease. Landlords may also need to be noted as an interested party on the insurance policy.
Insurance for Retailers
Public Liability insurance is one of the most important types of cover for retail shop owners. Protect your business and your customers against claims for personal injury or property damage, including slips, trips and other mishaps caused by your business activities. It’s also important to ensure you have the appropriate product liability cover to protect against injury caused by the products you sell.
Public Liability insurance will cover your legal and defence costs, as well as any compensation that is payable.
Your customers are important, but so are your business assets. Without the right cover, you could be hit with a few unwanted challenges that could leave you severely out of pocket.
Business Insurance can provide cover for:
- Contents and stock – protecting the contents and stock in your retail shop from burglary, theft, vandalism and accidental damage is a wise move.
- Building – protect your bricks and mortar with building cover should you need to repair damage or rebuild following fire or other perils such as storm damage or a tree falling on your premises.
- Glass – one of the most common claims for retail businesses is for broken windows, glass shelving and showcases, mirrors, and porcelain.
- Money – protect money belonging to your business from being lost, stolen or damaged whilst on your premises, in transit, or in your personal custody.
- Business Interruption – could your business survive being shut due to an insurable event, for a few days, a week, or longer? Business interruption cover will ensure you get back on your feet in no time by covering the increased costs of running your business, as well as lost revenue while you’ve been out of action.
Small retail businesses are an easy target for cyber criminals. Protect against the expense and legal costs associated if your website is hijacked or point-of-sale system is hacked and your customer’s names and credit card details are stolen.
A surf wear shop suffered severe smoke and water damage and all of their stock was destroyed after the neighbouring take-away shop caught fire. Fortunately the surf wear shop owner had Business Insurance and was able to claim $124,000 which covered the replacement of their contents and stock, as well as the costs involved for the removal of debris and professional fees incurred for asbestos testing.
Had the shop owner had cover for Business Interruption, they would have also been able to claim for loss of profits whilst the business was closed for a period of time.
You have made it this far, you may be interested in …
How much does Public Liability Insurance cost for Retailers?
Preparing your store for the holiday season ahead
Prevent & Protect – The Big Burglary Buffer
What is Public Liability Insurance?
Easy site navigation easy to set up and a great price. After shopping around via phone and internet I still saved $300!
Excellent, thank you. Quick and easy to fill out
Very easy procedure. A lot of time saved searching
This was so easy, love it and will do all my insurances on line from now on
Great service and the cheapest price I could find.
Very simple to set up, good competitive rates and peace of mind.