Protect your income
As the old saying goes, accidents do happen! Even those of us who take caution to the extreme are vulnerable to an unforeseen mishap. A simple spot of DIY around the house could result in a broken bone, loss of sight, a severed limb (or even dare we say it, death). All of which could cause you to be out of action for some time or even permanently!
When you rely on being able to work to put food on the table, an accident is one of the last things you can afford. Having Personal Accident Insurance covers you for lost income if the unfortunate were to happen and you suffered an injury that meant you couldn’t perform your usual work and earn an income.
Your cover could pay you a benefit of up to 85% of your income, up to $3,000 per week if you are unable to work temporarily because of an accident (or if you don’t need that much to cover your expenses, you can nominate a lower amount). You can also choose to include cover for illnesses as well, with Personal Accident & Illness Insurance which would pay you the same benefit if you fell ill and were unable to earn your regular income. Depending on the benefit period you choose, you could be covered for up to 2 years.
There is also the option to get cover in case you were to accidentally die (known as Death and Disablement), which would provide a lump sum payment for your beneficiaries. It would also provide a lump sum payment if you had an accident that resulted in you suffering a permanent injury (for example losing an arm or permanent paralysis).
Having Personal Accident & Illness Insurance doesn’t need to be a drain on your finances as your premiums are generally tax deductible. Also to help manage the costs, you can look to adjust your waiting period and/or your benefit period, or even pay monthly.
Getting cover doesn’t have to be time consuming and involve visits to the doctor. You can get cover without any forms or medicals (but you should be aware that you won’t be covered for any pre-existing conditions). You can get cover instantly and once covered you will be covered 24/7 worldwide!
Independent feedback from our customers rated our service at excellent.
What is included?
- Loss of income as a result of not being able to work due to an injury e.g. laceration to your hand requiring stitches, or a sickness (if you have selected the illness option).
- Depending on which insurer you choose there may be additional cover included as part of your policy (at no cost), for example, return to work assistance, transport to and from work and reimbursement of professional membership fees. (Check the PDS for details).
- You can also opt for Death and Disablement, which provides cover for accidental death as a result of an injury, for Partial Disablement e.g. a broken arm or Total Disablement e.g. loss of sight.
What is typically NOT covered?
An injury or sickness that is the result of:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Criminal acts caused by you
- Suicide and intentional self-injury
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Participating in professional sports
- Mental illness, mental or emotional disorders
Get the cover that is right for you
With BizCover you can choose to cover up to 85% of your income, up to a maximum of $3,000 per week.
When deciding on the level of cover you need, you should think about:
- How much cover you will need, you can cover up to 85% of your income, up to a maximum of $3,000 per week. You can cover yourself for both your weekly income (how much you take home) as well as any fixed business expenses that you will incur.
- How long you will need cover for. Through BizCover you can choose cover for 1 or 2 years.
- How long you can afford to wait before your cover kicks in. You can select either 7 days, 14 days, 21 days or 28 days.
Personal Accident Insurance benefits:
- Small Business Owners
- Self Employed
- Part-time workers
- People who have been in their current job less than 12 months
- People who don’t qualify for Income Protection Insurance
Could this happen to you?
Accidents and illness are unfortunately a part of life, no matter how hard you try to avoid them.
A social game of Rugby resulted in a Scaffolder rupturing his Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Medial Cruciate Ligament knocking him out of action for a few months. The Scaffolder received a weekly benefit of $1,600 per week for 2 months while he recovered and the Insurer also worked with him on a rehabilitation plan which helped him return to work 3 months earlier than the 5 months the doctors had initially anticipated.
Back on track
A trip out in her car resulted in an accident for one poor bookkeeper. She suffered multiple fractures and other ligament / tendon injuries which left her unable to work for 4 month. She was able to claim $2,800 per week for her time off, and received $44,800 in total, helping her cover her bills whilst she was out of action.
A Gift to a Grieving Wife
When crossing the road to get to his car, a physiotherapist was struck by another car and killed. His wife, who was the main beneficiary of his estate, received a payment of $200,000 for accidental death.
Excellent very easy to apply, if only other companies provided an easy application service like you do
No problems easy to deal with
Simple, efficient and speedy
Brilliant. It was so easy to get this done and it was the lowest quote. I spent a whole day getting multiple quotes but bizcover found the best one for me!
Processing and efficiency make it easy and a simple process to get the cover you need.
Easy and simple. Thank you.
Excellent and hassle free. Fast turnaround is what I needed and what I received from BizCover.