Insurance for Electricians

Insurance for Electricians

  • Trusted by over 150,000 small businesses
  • Public Liability and Tool Cover
  • Pay by the month and policy documents emailed instantly

Compare quotes from our trusted insurance partners:

Why do Electricians need it?

Don’t let a potential slip-up in your work or a client with a short fuse, short circuit your business. Protect it against liability claims and other unexpected events. With just a few clicks or a single phone call you can get multiple competitive quotes from leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and get covered instantly, so the only thing you need to worry about is adding a bit of spark to your client’s day.

Did you Know?

Public Liability insurance is a mandatory licensing requirement in most states and territories of Australia, usually requiring a minimum cover level of $5 million.

If you work in Queensland you’ll also be required to hold the Consumer Protection extension with a minimum level of $55,000 of cover to provide protection to consumers for defects in electrical work, non-completion of electrical work and liability resulting in an electrician testing their own work.

Get the cover that’s right for your electrician business

Public Liability Insurance*

Let’s be honest, there’s a lot that can go wrong. No matter how good you are at your work as an electrician, the risk of causing fire, property damage or personal injury is high. Even the smallest of mistakes can have big consequences, for example, the good old ‘putting a foot through the ceiling’ can set you back a couple of grand.

Public Liability insurance is something every responsible electrician should have and is designed to provide protection for you and your electrical business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.

Business Insurance*

Your tools and equipment are essential to your livelihood, so what would you do if suddenly you’re left without them? Protecting them with General Property cover will ensure you’re not left in the lurch. Also called Portable Equipment insurance, it can cover specified items such as tools, business equipment or electronic items.

Personal Accident and Illness insurance*

You rely on your physical ability to get the work done – but have you stopped to think about how you would keep on paying the bills if you were to injure yourself or fall ill and had to take time off work? Accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. It could be at work or even when you’re out and about enjoying your spare time.

Personal Accident and Illness insurance can provide cover should you become permanently disabled or pass away as a result of an accident. Cover can also include a weekly benefit for loss of income if you are unable to work as a result of an unexpected injury or illness (even if it occurs outside of your employment).

*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy document.  The information contained on this webpage is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.

Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience

Popular Searches