This option covers the costs and expenses incurred by official investigations or inquiries against your business as a result of innocent breaches of various Acts of Parliament, such as occupational health & safety laws and environmental laws.
Did you know?
Statutory Liability generally insures the cost of fines and penalties, as well as pollution liability defence costs.
What’s typically covered?
- Costs and expenses incurred from official investigations and inquiries
- Fines and penalties unless they are attributable to or in consequence of:
- Dishonest, wilful, intentional or deliberate wrongful breach
- Wilful, intentional or deliberate failure to comply with lawful notice, direction, enforcement action or proceeding under any Act
- Your gross negligence or recklessness
- Requirement to pay taxes, rates, duties, levies, charges, fees or any other revenue or impost
- Pollution Liability defence costs
What’s typically NOT covered?
Loss arising from any claim against you for:
- Wrongful breach relating to the regulation of air, marine or motor traffic
- Bodily Injury
- Fines and penalties other than those specified in the PDS
- Fraud and dishonesty
- Joint ventures
- Pollutants other than those specified in the PDS
- Prior or pending claims
- Property damage
- Territorial limits
- Unrelated proceedings
- Criminal offences such as assault
Things to consider
Is your business at risk of breaching any Acts administered by Commonwealth, State or Local Government?