Did you know?
Money in transit generally includes money contained in a night safe or automatic teller machine from the time you deposit the money until the time your financial provider ceases trading on its next full trading day.
What’s typically covered?
- Money in transit
- Money in your building/s
- Money in private residence
What’s typically NOT covered?
Loss of money:
- Caused by shortages resulting from clerical or accounting errors
- Not discovered within 10 working days of the occurrence
- Due to dishonest acts of your directors, employees or any member of your family
- Carried by professional money carriers, professional carriers or common carriers
- From any unattended vehicle
- From any safe or strongroom opened by a key or by use of details of the combination which have been left at the location during non business hours
- Outside of Australia
Things to consider
Does your business hold large sums of money on-site, or do you transport money to and from your business premises?