Why do Mobile Food Van Businesses need it?
Just because you’re always on the move doesn’t mean you can’t get the right insurance. With just a few clicks or a single phone call, you’ll get multiple competitive quotes from leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and you’ll be covered instantly. Now you can park off knowing your mobile business is covered.
Did you Know?
Public Liability Insurance: The average level of cover our customers take for their mobile food van business is 10 million dollars.
Insurance for Mobile Food Vans
As you move your business around, you’ll be exposed to a number of potential risks:
- Injury – could be from the mobile vehicle itself, on the go or parking, or injury on site, e.g. a customer injures themselves at camp park for example
- Damages – what about the damage that occurs setting up in the remote location? For example, damage to the surrounding area like a park bench, a driveway, a wall.
- Food poisoning, hot spills, scalding and foreign objects in food are a consideration for a mobile food business
Your whole business is basically in your van and needs to be protected from theft or fire damage. Without your van, you will be out of business but at least you won’t be out of pocket with the right insurance cover!
If you are investigated by the ATO it can be a stressful and time consuming event. Do you have an accountant ready to help you through?
More than a mouthful
A mobile coffee van was attending a food festival and served a coffee without putting the lid on correctly. When the customer went to sip the coffee the lid fell off and the boiling hot liquid spilt down their front, causing burns. The customer claimed and was awarded $2,500 for medical expenses and damages. The coffee van owner’s Public Liability policy covered them for this cost, as well as the legal expenses that were incurred.
3 things to ask yourself when buying insurance
- Could you afford to be out of pocket for liability costs if somebody injured themselves or fell ill as a result of your business? Liability costs can include compensation and associated medical costs, as well as the legal costs for defending yourself.
- Do any of the venues where you work have any requirements? Is there a minimum level of Public Liability that you need?
- Don’t be uninsured – how much would it cost to replace your van and all of your kitchen equipment, as well as cash registers and payment machines if there was a fire?
Amazingly easy, and BizCover had exactly what we needed for our Market Stall cover. Thank you :)
Was very quick and easy…saved me lot of time and money.
Really easy to navigate, simple site, made my decision quickly and without fuss – thanks.
Great insurance, great service, greatest price
I found them most professional. They were the cheapest for my business cover. I would recommend them to other businesses and would definitely buy from them again. They helped me choose what was the best cover for me.