Glass Insurance*

Glass insurance provides cover for breakage of internal and external glass and signage you own or for which you are legally responsible, at the insured premises.


Did you know?

  • Insurers will generally pay the cost to repair or replace glass with similar quality and must comply with current Australian Standards.

What’s typically covered?

  • External glass breakage
  • Destruction of stock or contents (caused by broken glass that constitutes a claim)
  • Signs made of glass or plastic which forms part of an illuminated sign
  • Costs for after-hours service, express delivery and overtime by repairers

What’s typically NOT covered?

Repair or replacement for glass:

  • Which is stock
  • Which is in poor condition (eg. chipped) when the period of cover commences
  • Which is part of a greenhouse, computer screen, vase, television screen, radio, conservatory, or is damaged in transit

Things to consider

  1. Would the cost of replacing internal or external glass or a fixed mirror put financial pressure on your business?
  2. Does your commercial lease agreement require you to insure glass? This is a common requirement requested by landlords.
  3. Are you in an area that is prone to malicious damage to shopfronts, such as an entertainment or nightclub district?

*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.

Popular Searches