Insurance for Bakers
- Trusted by over 220,000 small businesses
- Public and Product Liability insurance
- Pay by the month and policy documents that can be emailed instantly
Compare quotes from our trusted insurance partners*:
Why do bakers need insurance?
Whether you work in a retail bakery or from your home kitchen, there are risks that you should consider protecting your baking business from.
When you are selling your baked goods to the public the risk of food poisoning could result in not one but multiple claims. A worry you could live without.
Claims can also arise when your business activities damage a third-party’s property or if your baking tools were to be stolen.
This is where business insurance comes into play and provides the peace of mind you need with cover that can protect your bakery business.
Did you know?
If you are renting your business premises, part of your commercial lease may require you to take out glass cover.
Insurance for bakers
Accidents can easily occur in a bakery which makes Public Liability an important type of insurance to consider. Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your bakery business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.
Generally, Public Liability policies also extend to cover Product Liability. If you sell, supply or deliver goods, even in the form of repair or service, you may need cover for negligence claims against you where your product has caused injury, death or damage.
Protect the things that help you bake the best pastries in town with Business Insurance.
- Contents – Covers your business contents or stock if they were damaged in a fire, storm or due to malicious damage or some other defined event listed in the policy.
- Machinery breakdown – covers the cost to repair or replace specified machinery following an unexpected breakdown.
- Glass – Covers the cost of replacing internal or external glass including mirrors and shopfront windows that may be accidentally or maliciously damaged or broken.
^Fees and charges apply
*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.
Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience
Very happy that the consultant who took my call had a good understanding of the policy I needed and was able to get me through the whole deal quickly and easily
Thanks, needed insurance in a hurry as just offered a contract for this weekend. Everyone else was at home!
Bakery Products Retailing
Very easy to deal with, rather than ring a dozen different companies.