Here’s the lowdown on public liability insurance
As a small business owner you already have lots to worry. From paying your employees to getting stock delivered on time to generate new business – the list is endless! The last thing you want to have to think about is paying hefty legal costs should an unwanted accident happen. And they do.
Public Liability Insurance protects you and your business against the legal costs of a claim should a customer, a supplier or even a member of the public gets injured or suffers a loss (as a result of property damage) while you are providing a service, either at your workplace or at another location.
Put simply, with a Public Liability insurance policy you won’t have to pay for the legal costs or for compensation should a customer lodge a claim for injury from tripping on a box you had planned to put away but never found the time to do so. Or your sales rep who accidentally spilt his coffee on your client’s laptop while he was enthusiastically showing them your latest product release.
Independent feedback from our customers rated our service at excellent.
What is included?
- Compensation for personal injury and/or property damage to a customer or member of the public
- Legal and defence costs
What is typically NOT covered?
- Employee injury
- Damage to your property
- Known claims and circumstances
Get the cover that’s right for your business
With BizCover you can choose policies from 3 levels of cover, $5 million, $10 million and $20 million.
Policies are usually tailored to individual businesses. Each business will require a different amount of cover and when deciding on how much cover you should have you should think about the following factors:
- Do any of your contracts require a minimum level of cover?
- Has your industry body set a minimum level of cover for membership?
- Does your business or trade license require a minimum amount of cover?
- Do the terms of your lease require a minimum level of cover?
- Finally think about what your level of risk and exposure could be. What kind of accidents could occur and what could be the potential cost of a claim?
Very easy to navigate and fully covered in less than 5 minutes!
Registered Migration Agent
I love the convenience of it! The annual reminder to renew and the ease of doing so just takes away one less worry for me.
Very nice customer service
Quick and easy, Took the hassle out of shopping around and comparing
Trades & Services
Quick and easy cover. Done online in around 10 minutes!
Love it! Quick, simple, yet professional
Some of the best service I have had over the phone.