Insurance for Restaurants
- Trusted by over 150,000 small businesses
- Choose from a range of covers, including Glass and Machinery Breakdown
- Competitive Prices with our Price Promise
Why do Restaurants need it?
Take a minute to sit back, relax and look at our menu of insurance options for your business. BizCover can provide you multiple competitive quotes from some of Australia’s leading insurers within minutes.
Did you Know?
If you are renting your businesses premises, part of your commercial lease may require you to take out glass cover.
Insurance for Restaurants
Public Liability Insurance*
There are many possible accidents that could happen in a restaurant environment. You should consider protecting your business with Public Liability insurance. Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your restaurant business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public is injured or sustains property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.
Personal injury claims could arise from a waiter dropping hot food on a customer, a customer slipping on a melted ice-block on the floor, or a supplier tripping on the plastic mat in the prep area.
Even though you can’t insure the ambiance you have created in your restaurant, you can insure the building and all its contents:
- Building* –This type of insurance provides cover for your building if it is damaged as a result of a fire, storm, malicious activity or another defined event listed in the policy.
- Contents* –Covers your business contents or stock if they are damaged in a fire, storm or due to malicious damage or some other defined event listed in the policy.
- Machinery breakdown* – If you depend on your fridges to keep food fresh you can consider cover for a breakdown.
- Business interruption* – continuity is important in a restaurant. What happens if there are major power outages? This type of insurance covers for financial loss as a result of an interruption to your business caused by an insured event (such as fire).
If you have employees in your restaurant, you’ll need to cover all your (pizza) bases!
Management liability insurance* protects directors and officers and the insured company itself from the many exposures relating to the management of a company. Owners and those responsible for the management of a company have specific responsibilities which can result in personal liability for alleged or actual wrongdoing.
As a restaurant owner you have enough to keep you busy day and night. Tax Audit Insurance covers a business for specified costs in the event that it is selected by the Australian Tax Office for auditing. The policy offers coverage for the costs of accountants and other nominated professional fees incurred in the course of an audit.
As a restaurant owner your exposure could be at the payment desk – with your EFTPOS machine hacked. Cyber Liability insurance helps to protect you from claims and supports your profitability in the event of a cyber breach or attack.
Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience
Customer service was outstanding
This makes my life so easy I would recommend BizCover to anyone
Lynda and James S
Wow, so easy. I was shocked. Thank you! My time precious at the moment.
I have gone through BizCover to insure two of my businesses which I have found easy to do online and not having a lot of time to waste on phone calls I find it convenient and time saving.
Quick, simple and painless. The way everything should be.
|*The information provided is general only and should not be relied upon as advice. No guarantees are provided as to pricing for individual risks.|
*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.
Prefer to talk?
Call us and talk to a real person.
Friendly, helpful service from a business insurance professional.
1300 249 268