Why do Manufacturers need it?
Don’t let a potential safety defect in your products; damage to your assets; or lost production times deflate your business. Protect it against liability claims and other unexpected events. With just a few clicks or a single phone call, you can get multiple competitive quotes from leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and get covered instantly, so you can get back to managing your production line.
Did you Know?
Product safety is governed by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). A consumer can seek compensation from a manufacturer who has supplied a product with safety defects if that product has caused injury or death to an individual; or economic loss caused by damage to another good, land, building or fixture.
Statutory fines of up to $220K for individuals and $1.1M for a body corporate can be issued to manufacturers/suppliers who fail to comply with mandatory safety standards.
Insurance for Manufacturers
Public & Products Liability
As a manufacturer you are exposed to huge financial and legal risk. Regardless of the types of products you manufacture, Public and Product Liability insurance is an essential form of cover. It protects your business against claims relating to personal injury or property damage as a result of your business activities, whether it’s providing a faulty or dangerous product; bodily injury sustained to third parties at your place of business, such as slips and falls; or damage to their personal property.
Tip: if you export goods, check for any territorial for liability claims that arise from overseas markets.
Where would your business be without its premises, machinery, equipment or stock? Having the right business insurance will ensure you’re not left severely out of pocket if your business is hit with a few unwanted challenges.
Important cover for manufacturers includes:
- Contents and stock – protect the contents and stock in your business premises from fire and other perils, accidental damage, vandalism, and theft.
- Building – protect your business premises should you need to repair damage or rebuild following a fire, storm or other perils.
- Machinery Breakdown – an essential form of cover if you rely on machinery and equipment to manufacture your products.
- Transit – cover your goods whilst they are in transit in a vehicle owned or operated by you against loss, theft or damage.
- Business Interruption – one of the biggest issues manufacturers face is lost production time. Could you survive having to shut down for a few days, weeks or months if your business suffered an insurable event? It could be due to a fire or storm that severely damages your building and equipment, or mechanical failure.
- Employee fraud – cover for goods or money stolen by employees.
As a company director or senior manager you don’t want any unwanted surprises that may leave you personally liable. Management Liability insurance will protect your company and your personal assets against legal costs and some statutory fines and penalties in relation to mismanagement, misconduct or statutory breach of duty.
- Providing a faulty or dangerous product which causes injury or harm to a third party
- Maintaining an unsafe working environment
- Damaging third party premises in the course of carrying out work
Heard you guys from 90.9 on the radio, then shortly after saw your ad on Instagram. Very easy to navigate site, excellent !
Easy and simple English policy Easy to apply on line Quick and simple
Began setting up a new business which required Public Liability requirements and BizCover’s advice, interest and promptness in getting us the best price was exceptional.
The service very good, claim fast and easy – highly recommend
Excellent service – fast policy delivery a key benefit.