It’s important to notify your insurer as soon as possible of all actual and potential claims. A potential claim is an event that could later result in a claim.
We want to get this claim off to a good start and a speedy finish, so please:
- Complete all relevant sections of the claim form with as much detail as possible. This includes a detailed description of the event and your position on the allegations, when you first became aware of the situation, and when the work was done.
- Attach all supporting documents, such as:
- Any written demands or emails you may have received from the third party
- Any court proceedings
- Written contracts between you and the claimant
- Admit guilt, fault, or liability
- Offer or negotiate to pay a claim without your insurers consent