Lash technicians help create stunning looks for their clients. This is a highly skilled job, requiring a steady hand, aftercare knowledge, and the ability to follow health and safety regulations as you work. But no matter how careful you are as you work, you may want lash business insurance, just in case.
Salon services, especially those dealing with the eyes, can be risky. A wrong move or misspoken instructions might cause trouble for a client. That could lead to more than just a bad online review—expensive compensation claims and lawsuits might be brought against you if the damage is bad enough.
Insurance designed for lash technicians, beauty professionals, and salons protects you and your business if the worst happens. From claims and lawsuits to equipment breakdowns and tax woes, beauty and salon insurance can help you work with less stress that unexpected expenses will cause ugly issues for your small business.
What is beauty and salon insurance?
Insurance is probably part of your everyday life. You might have insurance policies for your car, home, and health. You might even have a life insurance policy to help take care of your family if you were to pass away. Like these personal insurance policies, salon business insurance helps protect you if something goes wrong while you are working.
Without insurance for your lash business, you might be on the hook for some expensive bills. Claims and lawsuits are unfortunately common for small businesses. In many cases, these and other everyday hazards can be financially devastating if you’re forced to pay for them from your own pocket.
But that’s where lash business insurance comes in. Insurance covers the cost of many risks that you are likely to face as a lash technician. That way, unexpected expenses don’t ruin your small business dreams.
Risks your salon business might face
So, what types of risks might you face while running a lash business? Lash business insurance could help protect your business against hazards such as:
- Clients who are unhappy with the services or advice you’ve given them
- Accidentally injuring someone visiting your salon
- Unintentionally damaging someone else’s property or belongings
- Unplanned business interruptions
- Broken glass or mirrors
- Damage to your salon or the items kept inside (like supplies, stock, furniture, or business records)
- Damage to your tools
- A tax audit by the ATO
As you can see, there are many risks that your lash business might face. Salon business insurance can help you address these and others that could cause trouble for your business.
Salon business insurance in Australia
There are many types of salon business insurance to choose from. These include:
- Professional Indemnity – This type of insurance protects you against losses claimed by a third party due to alleged or actual negligence in your professional services or advice. Professional Indemnity cover typically includes compensation to the harmed party and your defence costs (such as legal costs, expert fees, and investigator costs).
- Public Liability – This type of insurance covers legal fees and compensation costs if a customer, member of the public, or a supplier claims against you for injury or damage to their property as a result of your alleged negligent business activity.
- Business Insurance – This is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business Insurance package can be customised to include cover for business interruptions, portable equipment, tax audit, and other threats to your business.
The policies you might consider depend on how you provide your lash services and run your small business. For example, a mobile lash technician may need different types of cover than a lash salon. It may help to make a list of possible risks you face on the job, from unhappy customers to a salon fire, when deciding the types of policies you might buy.
Where to buy salon business insurance
Many insurers offer beauty and salon insurance in Australia. For a busy lash technician, getting quotes from multiple insurance companies might feel overwhelming, difficult, or too time-consuming. Fortunately, there’s an easier way to find and compare policies online.
BizCover takes the stress out of buying insurance for your lash business. With just a few clicks, you can find, compare and buy policies and get covered instantly. No complicated paperwork or waiting around for your policy documents—just no-dramas cover in minutes.
Compare lash business insurance online and get covered today with BizCover!
© 2022 BizCover Pty Limited, all rights reserved. ABN 68 127 707 975; AFSL 501769