Insurance for Cabinet Makers

  • Trusted by over 220,000 small businesses
  • Compare quotes instantly from leading insurers
  • Choose from a range of covers to suit your business needs

Compare quotes from our trusted insurance partners*:

Why do Cabinet Makers need insurance?

Many years of training and fine-tuned precision go into becoming a professional cabinet maker. Through creating custom cabinets to ensuring they fit exactly into place, it’s the kind of work that is never short of challenges and things can go wrong despite your best efforts. While you may rely heavily on your eye for detail, any cabinet maker will also you tell you their physical health is one of their most valuable assets when it comes to getting the job done, and an injury could spell disaster.

There are many risks to consider, from accidental injury, to causing damage to a client’s property or even having your tools nicked- all instances which can be protected with the right business insurances in place.

At BizCover, in just a few clicks or a call, we can provide quotes from some of Australia’s top insurers, so you can compare, save and be covered in minutes with tailored insurance to suit your cabinet making business.

Did you know?

If you operate as a sole trader, you are personally responsible for all aspects of the business. If things go wrong, you can be held legally and financially responsible, putting your personal assets at risk.

Insurance for Cabinet Makers

Public Liability

When the little things don’t go to plan, the consequences can have a big impact on your business. As a cabinet maker, one of the first insurances you may need to consider is Public Liability insurance.

Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your cabinet making business if a customer, supplier or a member of the public brings a claim against you after they are injured or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities. It will cover legal fees and compensation costs associated with that claim.

As with many trades, it may also be a legal requirement to have Public Liability insurance in place before you undertake a contract or step on site.

Personal Accident & Illness insurance

Nobody really has the time to get sick or injure themselves, especially when you’re self-employed, but accidents can and do happen. Have you taken the time to consider the financial impact if you were unable to work for a week or month or more? This is where Personal Accident and Illness insurance has got your back.

Personal Accident and Illness insurance can provide different levels of cover for loss of income if you are unable to work as a result of an unexpected injury or illness, become permanently disabled even pass away (even if it occurs outside of your employment). Having this cover means you can focus on your recovery and have the finances to pay the bills and put food on the table without having to worry.

Business Insurance

Your clients bring in your income, but where would you be without your business assets? Without insurance cover, you could be hit with a few unwanted challenges that could leave you reaching deep into your pockets.

Business Insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business Insurance package can also cover your portable equipment, glass and for loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances.  In addition, cover is available for public liability, tax audit, employment practices and statutory liability risks.

Portable Equipment Cover

Drills, clamps and even your trusty mobile phone are just some of the tools you rely on everyday to install and build cabinets. No matter how much care you take to secure them, the unfortunate reality is tools get stolen from work sites all the time and replacing them is an added expense your business can do without.

With Portable Equipment cover (general property insurance) you can insure specified items such as tools, business equipment or electronic items.  You can choose between comprehensive cover which will include accidental damage cover or insured events cover (for events such as fire, theft by forcible entry, explosion or storm).

Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience

*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy document.  The information contained on this webpage is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.

Popular Searches