BizCover is proud to be the official insurance partner of
BizCover is proud to be the official insurance partner of Migration Alliance. We believe that getting your business insurance sorted should be simple and hassle-free, leaving you time to focus on your business.
That’s why our easy-to-use online platform allows you to get a quote and buy your insurance in a matter of minutes, with your policy documents being emailed to you instantly. No waiting for brokers to call you back, and no messy paperwork to complete!
The best part is, when you purchase your Professional Indemnity policy with us we’ll give you an exclusive member-only discount (on top of our already low price!) – meaning you’ll save 38% compared to non Migration Alliance members! Just enter the code MABIZ001!
Why do Migration Agents need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Not only is it a requirement for all registered Migration Agents to hold a minimum of $255,000 PI insurance under the Migration Act 1958 (Section 292B), it’s something that every responsible professional should have.
Assisting your clients in their quest to live the ‘Great Aussie Dream’ can sometimes come with a few unexpected challenges – complicated migration laws to follow; lengthy documents to complete; the detailed advice you need to provide; and navigating your way around language barriers and cultural differences can easily throw a spanner in the works.
Professional Indemnity insurance is designed to protect you if something does go wrong. It could be providing incorrect or misleading advice; making an error on a Visa application; or the late lodgement of documentation. It covers your legal and defence costs, court costs, PR costs, and compensation that may be awarded to your client.
Without it you could land yourself in hot water, unless you’ve got really deep pockets, legal expertise and plenty of spare time on your hands.
What other insurance should I consider?
- Public Liability – protects against the legal costs and compensation for claims made against your business for 3rd party injury and property damage
- Business Insurance – protects your business premises and contents from unexpected events, such as fire, storm, theft and accidental damage
- Tax Audit Insurance – takes the financial sting out of a sudden and unforseen tax audit by covering the expenses incurred, including professional services fees such as bookkeepers, accountants and lawyers.
- Cyber Insurance – protects against the expenses and legal costs associated with being hacked, data breaches and theft of client information
- Management Liability – protects your company and you as a director, including your personal assets, against the legal costs for allegations of mismanagement, misconduct or legislative breaches