Why do Massage Therapists need it?
As a Massage Therapist, you use touch in order convey relief to a patient or to increase a patient’s health and well-being.
Along the way, if you were to accidently cause injury to one of the patient’s you are treating, you and your business could be held liable for damages. Additionally, any false or incorrect advice you give to a patient as part of the treatment could lead to a lawsuit or claim against you.
Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance provides essential financial protection for Massage Therapists by assisting in covering legal defense costs and damages payable in the event of a claim. Even in the event that a claim is unwarranted, the cost associated with defending the claim can be considerable and regardless of the outcome, you are likely to be out of pocket – for this reason, ensuring that you have an appropriate insurance policy is of great importance.
What are the risk factors?
- Injuring a client may lead to a case of malpractice
- Failure to provide effective treatment programs
- A client having an allergic reaction to a product used for a treatment
- Allegations of professional misconduct
3 things to consider when purchasing a Professional Indemnity policy:
Find a provider that:
- Offers multiple quotes from trusted Australian insurers and guarantees the best price on the market
- Has a policy designed specifically for Massage Therapists and accepted by the Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT)
- Allows you to compare multiple quotes from trusted Australian insurers