Small Biz Matters is a weekly radio show on community radio station Triple H 100.1FM – it’s the half hour program where you work ON your business rather than IN it. Hosted by Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services.
When you start a business you know you need insurance but like lots of things about starting or running a business; it can be confusing. What type of insurance do I need? What level of cover? Do I need public liability or professional indemnity, and what does that even mean?
And the biggest question of all is WHEN do I need insurance? When am I that important; making enough money or have a large enough risk where insurance becomes crucial? And how do I even start to quantify all that I need insure?
Well who better to ask than Michael Gottlieb, the founder of BizCover, Australia’s leading online small business insurance service.
Topics the show will be covering:
- Are Aussie small business owners getting the right insurance?
- Under-insurance is a real problem in Australia as 13% of SME’s don’t have any, and more than 20% of SME’s aren’t insured for what their business assets are worth! Why is this the case?
- What are the rules of risk? Do small business owners needs to insure against everything or are there some fundamentals to start with?
- When should I make a claim and what is the process?
- The future of insurance in the wake of climate change
- How will digital disruption and AI impact big business and small businesses alike?
“The opinions expressed by BizWitty Contributors are their own, not those of BizCover and should not be relied upon in place of appropriate professional advice. Please read our full disclaimer."