Small Biz Matters is a weekly radio show on community radio station Triple H 100.1FM – it’s the half hour program where you work ON your business rather than IN it. Hosted by Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services.
North Shore Mums started as a Facebook group in May 2012, when Rachel Chappell moved to Sydney’s leafy North Shore with her husband, toddler and new baby. With lots of questions about things like childcare centres, kid-friendly cafes, the best playgrounds and doctors… and only a few local friends to ask, she realised she wouldn’t get the answers from her immediate social circle.
So, on a whim, she created a Facebook group called North Shore Mums, to help her connect with other local mums.
Rachel proudly hires locally, runs her business, happily gives small business advice and still manages to find the time to meet the needs of her local community. In truth, she never forgets the real meaning of her Why in her business and is here today to inspire others in their small business journey.
Topics the show covers:
- Tell us about your small business journey and what led to you starting North Shore Mums?
- Why do you think it’s important for businesses to integrate community involvement into their business plan and what’s your top tips on how to grow that relationship?
- Do you think it’s an advantage to employ locally and what benefits does it provide for your business and also the local community?
- It’s not always a smooth ride so what Do’s and Don’t wisdom can you impart on those just starting out in business?
- What’s your ultimate dream for your business?
“The opinions expressed by BizWitty Contributors are their own, not those of BizCover and should not be relied upon in place of appropriate professional advice. Please read our full disclaimer."