Here’s the lowdown on public liability insurance
As a small business owner you already have lots to worry about. From paying your employees to getting stock delivered on time to generating new work opportunities – the list is endless! But have you taken the time to think about what an accident involving a third party could mean for your business?
As a small business owner, you have a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps for the safety of your customers, suppliers, community and their property. Public Liability Insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public are injured or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.*
Public Liability Insurance also provides assistance with the legal costs associated with managing claims that are covered by the policy.*
*Subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording.
Independent feedback from our customers rated our service at excellent.
What is typically included?*
- personal injury suffered by a third party (e.g. a customer, supplier or member of the public)
- damage to property owned by a third party due to your negligent business activities
- legal and defence costs associated with a covered claim
Many public liability policies also provide cover for product liability*.
What is typically not covered?*
- Injuries to your employees
- Damage to your own property
- Costs of rectifying faulty workmanship
- Professional negligence
- Contractual liability
- Events occurring before or after the policy period
* check the policy wording for full details
Your Cover Options
With BizCover you can choose from 3 limits of liability (levels of cover): $5million, $10 million or $20 million.
Policies are tailored to the unique needs of individual businesses. One business may require a different amount of cover compared to another.
When deciding on how much cover you should have a think about factors like:
- Do any of your contracts require a minimum level of public liability cover?
- Has your industry body set a minimum level of public liability cover for membership?
- Does your business or trade licence require a minimum amount of public liability cover?
- What kind of accidents could occur due to your business operations and what could be the potential cost of a claim?
Very easy to navigate and fully covered in less than 5 minutes!
Registered Migration Agent
I love the convenience of it! The annual reminder to renew and the ease of doing so just takes away one less worry for me.
Very nice customer service
Quick and easy, Took the hassle out of shopping around and comparing
Trades & Services
Quick and easy cover. Done online in around 10 minutes!
Love it! Quick, simple, yet professional
Some of the best service I have had over the phone.