Public Liability Insurance QLD
- Over 30,000 Queenslanders happy with our service
- Best price with our Price Promise
- Flexible payment options – monthly or annually
Here’s the lowdown on QLD public liability insurance*
As a small business owner in Queensland you already have a lot to worry about. From paying your employees, to getting stock delivered on time and generating new business – the list is endless! The last thing you want to think about is for unexpected accidents – but they do happen.
Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public are injured or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.
Public Liability insurance is designed to cover compensation payments to a third party and legal costs associated with the claim (including defence costs). What if a customer was injured after tripping on a box you didn’t put away or your employee damaged a client’s antique property? A public liability insurance policy will help give you peace of mind.
Independent feedback from our customers rated our service at excellent.
What is typically included*?
- personal injury suffered by a third party (e.g. a customer, supplier or member of the public) due to your negligent business activities
- damage to property owned by a third party due to your negligent business activities
- legal and defence costs associated with a covered claim
What is typically NOT covered*?
- Injuries to your employees
- Damage to your own property
- Costs of rectifying faulty workmanship
- Professional negligence
- Contractual liability
- Events occurring before or after the policy period
How much do Trades & Service pay for Public Liability Insurance?
The typical amount a small business operating in the Trades & Service industry in Queensland can expect to pay for Public Liability insurance is around $84.03 per month. There are a variety of occupations classified within this industry, with each occupation having its own level of risk. This means premiums will vary from business to business.
To provide you with more insight, we have provided analysis of 10 of the most common Trades & Service occupations with our BizCover customers and their individual average monthly premiums below.
How much do Retailers pay for Public Liability Insurance?
The typical amount a small business Retailer can expect to pay for Public Liability insurance in Queensland is around $76.81 per month. There are many business types that are classified as Retailers, from gift stores and florists to cafes or catering services. Each business type has its own level of risk, meaning premiums will vary from retail business to retail business.
To get a better understanding, we have provided analysis of 10 of the most common retail occupations for 2017 within our BizCover database and their individual average monthly premiums below.
How much do Professionals pay for Public Liability Insurance?
The term ‘Professionals’ encompasses a broad range of occupations that usually require specialist training and qualification. From Real Estate Agents and Marketing consultants to IT professionals, and even music teachers. Each profession has its own level of risk, meaning premiums will vary from profession to profession.
To get a better understanding, we have provided analysis of 10 of the most common Professional occupations in Queensland (in 2017) and their individual average monthly premiums below.
Your Cover Options
With BizCover you can choose public liability policies with 3 possible limits of liability $5 million, $10 million or $20 million.
Policies are tailored to the unique needs of individual businesses. One business may require a different amount of cover compared to another.
When deciding on how much cover you should have a think about factors like:
- Do any of your contracts require a minimum level of public liability cover?
- Has your industry body set a minimum level of public liability cover for membership?
- Does your business or trade licence require a minimum amount of public liability cover?
- What kind of accidents could occur due to your business operations and what could be the potential cost of a claim?