Marketing & Communications Manager
BizCover is Australia’s leading B2B Insurtech provider and our business is all about giving small businesses a fair go when it comes to getting their insurance sorted. We’ve been around for 10 years, and during that time we’ve shaken up the industry and changed the way small businesses buy their insurance by cutting out the jargon and making it simple to understand, easy to compare and buy insurance online, whilst offering clear and competitive pricing. We have big ambitions, and to support these we are on the lookout for great talent.
Reasons You’ll Enjoy Working with Us
First and foremost, we are industry leaders, and whilst we have been around a few years we still offer all the fun of working for a start-up – without the risk! Our business is constantly innovating, evolving and expanding, in fact we are already in the US and New Zealand, which means there is always plenty of opportunity for you. And the icing on the cake – you will also have the privilege of working with an incredibly talented, smart and diverse team.
What Will Keep You Busy
As a key member of the fast-paced marketing team reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing & Communications Manager will drive the marketing initiatives required for BizCover to meet its commercial goals. The role is responsible developing and executing a range of ABT and BTL acquisition and retention campaigns, as well as all marketing communications strategies to help build brand awareness and generate leads.
Key objectives include:
- Develop and execute all acquisition, retention and cross-sell marketing campaigns, including but not limited to TV, radio and print advertising, webinars and educational videos
- Manage the overall content strategy to educate and grow awareness of multiple products and features, including writing and editing blog articles, editorials for various external publications, whitepapers, factsheets, video scripts, print and digital ad copy, and website copy for the BizCover website as well as external partners
- Develop and execute PR strategies to support the marketing plan, including the creation and delivery of press and media releases
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager and Social and Email Marketing Manager to ensure effective integrated marketing communications
- Maintain customer insights, database analysis and segmentation to provide customer profiles and insights for targeted communications
- Track competitive landscape and market trends
- Manage relationships with third-party agencies and suppliers
- Input into the development and management of marketing budget
- Capture, review and report on key project success metrics
- Manage the Writer and Content Marketing Specialists as a direct report
- Ad hoc projects as required
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing role
- Insurance experience highly regarded, as is a solid understanding of the SME market
- Experience developing marketing plans and strategies
- Experience in planning and managing projects in a cross functional environment
- Experience in managing stakeholders across a broad range of business areas, including external partnerships and agency relationships
- Sound understanding of both traditional and digital marketing strategies
- Experience managing direct reports
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills
Your Competitive Edge
To be a superstar in this role you’ll need to be a strong communicator, with passionate and can-do attitude. You be a strategic thinker who is keen to learn, share knowledge with team members and take a proactive approach in everything that you do.