We invite all customers, professionals, and members of the small business community to write and submit a guest post article to BizWitty for consideration.
You must be based in either Australia or New Zealand for us to consider a submission.
Benefits for writing for Bizwitty:
- Brand exposure: we will take care of promoting you and your company to our small business audience (we have over 100,000 customers!).
- Paid Promotion: we will use social media and Google Adwords to promote your articles to a wider audience.
- Links to your website & social: We will be sure to include links to your website and include your profile on the blog.
- We write for you: we can return the favour and write an excellent piece of content for your blog.
Please read through our contributor guidelines before you write an article. This will increase the likelihood of your article being published and promoted on BizWitty.
Our audience are people who own, run, or have an interest in small businesses and/or start-ups. They are looking for intelligent, considered articles that are relevant to the SME world and will help them to improve their business.
We are looking for work that is well written, accurate, and provides valuable insights to help our readership network navigate the small business landscape.
Suggested topics include:
- Bookkeeping & Accounting
- Starting A Business
- Stress Management
- Work Motivation
- Work and Family
- Social Responsibility
- Business technology
- Business Productivity
- Innovation & Technology
- Professional Development
- Project Management
- Business Tax
- Financial Management
- Business Management
- Marketing (Traditional & Digital)
- Sales Strategies
These suggestions are just the starting point – we heartily encourage you to submit your own ideas and write about issues that you think are relevant to the SME space. Feel free to get in touch with us if you’re unsure whether your topic is appropriate.
- Word Count: Submitted articles should be at least 500 words, and no more than 1500 words. Our average length is 800 words, but quality submissions in longer form are also welcome.
- Link Policy: Links may be added as long as they are relevant and the context is organic.
- Original and Quality content: Articles must be high quality and original work, and must not appear on other sites. We will not accept previously published pieces. Submitted articles go under review via http://www.copyscape.com/.
- Ownership: Once published, Bizcover has copyright ownership to your content. It must not be subsequently published elsewhere.
- Images: We will accept and publish images or graphs that are relevant to your article and support the content. All images must be owned and licenced by the person or body submitting the article.
- Formatting: Documents in Word or sent as GoogleDocs are preferred. How-To lists and ‘top-5 reasons’ / ‘top 10 things to consider’ type articles are welcome, as well as articles broken up by headings in the form of questions.
- Editing: All articles will be edited for grammar, punctuation, style and content by our team where appropriate. If articles are not up to a reasonable standard, they will not be edited or published.
- Self Promotion: Content that is a sales pitch or obvious self promotion will not be published.
- Contributor Compensation: We do not pay for contributed articles. We will, however, promote articles to our large community of small businesses. We do not guarantee that your article will be published.
- Content we don’t want: We do not accept articles on adult content, gaming, drugs, religion or politics.
- Inappropriate content: Submissions that disclose someone’s personal information, political agenda or contain offensive or discriminatory material. Hate speech will not be accepted. The publishing of content is entirely at the discretion of BizCover.
TONE OF VOICE
The voice employed by BizWitty is friendly, yet professional. Our content is educational, entertaining, easy-to-follow and straightforward.
Our articles will always focus on educating fellow community members. We will avoid not confusing them with complex jargon and overly technical explanations.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Send your completed article and/or pitches to bizwitty-editorial [at] bizcover.com.au. Before submitting please be aware that we only accept articles from business owners and industry experts based in Australia.
To speed up the process, please include a 150 character biography for your author page containing below information:
- First and Last Name
- Job Title
- Business Name & Location
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Favourite Topics
- Social Media Profiles
We will review your content and revert back to you within 5 business days. If your article is selected for publication a date will be set, and you’ll receive a follow-up email with all relevant information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The ‘BizWitty’ team