Australians often feel uncomfortable calling themselves experts.Some of us are experts on the best way to stay motivated while working from home.People out there want to know what you know.
Identify your expertise and create content to build your authority as the go-to person in your industry.
Take a look at five top tips on using your personal expertise to boost your customer conversion.
Step 1. Find your expertise ‘sweet spot’
Successful content marketing finds the sweet spot between what you know and what people want to know. The product that you sell has to strike the same balance.
Don’t write about how great your product and brand is. Your customers won’t care. Instead, focus on your customer’s interests.
Step 2. Brainstorm content ideas
What kind of questions do your clients ask you? Here are some examples:
- How long should my article be?
- Where do I need to put my SEO keywords?
- What questions should I ask when interviewing people for my blog?
- How can I come up with topics for my content?
Look at commonly asked questions for your business to find your sweet spot. You can also look at your industry and competitors. Pinpoint what content they’re creating and try to offer your own unique perspective.
You can also turn to online tools like Answer the Public.
Step 3. Turn your ideas into content
Write some articles to get started and aim for 800-1000 words. Any shorter and you’re probably not giving your customers enough value. Longer content is better for SEO.
Plan out your article before you commit it to paper. Here’s an article planning template to get you started.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
– What problem are you solving?
– Which product or service are you going to link to?
– How is your reader feeling now? Stressed? Overwhelmed?
– How do you want them to feel after reading your article? Empowered? Excited?
– What do you want them to do after reading your article?
Step 4. Interview yourself
Interview yourself to overcome your writer’s block.
Many people find it easier to talk than write. This also creates an authentic conversational voice. Grab your phone recorder and ask yourself some questions. You can use these interview questions to help get you started.
Blinking cursor defeated.
Step 5. Write it up
Here are my top content writing tips:
- Headline: This needs to be benefits focused and tell the readers what they will gain by reading your article. There are loads of clever headline formulas like this one from Copyblogger you can use.
- Intro: This is what will hook your readers. You need to show your readers that your article is worthwhile by paragraph two.
- Subheadings: People have short attention spans. Subheadings point your readers in the right direction.
- Break up big blocks of text: Use short paragraphs, bold key phrases and lists.
- Add links to your products or services: This will justify you writing your article. Strategically insert links when relevant.
You can also repurpose an old article.
Bonus tip: Add a call to action
This is a golden opportunity to sell yourself.
There is a place for selling in content writing. Tell people what you want them to do next.
“The opinions expressed by BizWitty Contributors are their own, not those of BizCover and should not be relied upon in place of appropriate professional advice. Please read our full disclaimer."